This edition of the OPODIS conference will take place on the Faculty of Sciences of University of Lisboa in Lisbon, capital of Portugal.
FCUL is close to the airport (10 min by car/Taxi) and is also accessible by public transportation (Subway and Bus). There are several restaurants both at the university campus and in the Campo Grande neighbourhood. There are several hotels in the area and a pleasant park – Campo Grande Garden, with flora from the five continents represented. It is close to the University stadium and the Museum of the city of Lisbon.
The best way to reach the Conference Hall is by walking or taking the subway to the "Cidade Universitária" station in the yellow line or to the "Campo Grande" station in the green line.
AddressFaculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa - Building C6
C6 building, 2nd floor
Arriving in Lisbon
By Plane - Aeroporto de Lisboa (connection with subway red line)
- Exit at Gare do Oriente (connection with subway red line)
- Exit at Santa Apolónia (connection with subway green line)
Lisbon can be accessed from six main highways. Coming from the south (A2) or east (A6 - the main route from Madrid), there are the two bridges:
- From/to south: The A2 goes all the way to the 25 de Abril bridge, which usually has lots of traffic getting into Lisbon, especially on weekday mornings.
- To north / to east: If you branch from the A2 into the A12, you'll get to the Vasco da Gama bridge.
- From/to north and the airport: Coming from the north, there is the A1, that connects Lisbon to Santarém, Fátima, Leiria, Coimbra, Aveiro, Porto.
- From the west, there is the A5, which connects to Estoril, Cascais, and the IC19 that crosses all the suburbs and ends near Sintra.
Arriving at Faculty of Sciences of University of Lisboa
By Subway - Metropolitano de Lisboa
- Yellow line, exit at stations Campo Grande or Cidade Universitária
- Green line, exit at station Campo Grande
By Bus - Carris
- Campo Grande Bus nº: 701, 717, 731, 735, 736, 738, 747, 750, 755, 764, 767, 768, 778, 783, 796, 798
By Train - CP
- Exit at Entre Campos (connection to Metro Yellow Line)
Subway, bus, tram, train and ferryIn subway stations, you need to buy a VIVA transporting card (0,50€) on the vending machine and charge it (valid for one year). The VIVA Travel Cards or 7 Colinas can be loaded with the following types of transport tickets:
- Single travel ticket valid on each operator’s network
- 24 hour ticket - 6,15€
- Pre-purchased tickets
- Zapping rate
- subway 1,45€ vending machine
- bus 1,45€ vending machine or 1,85€ buy on the bus
- tram 2,90€
- urban train and ferry
TaxiTaxi to the city center is around 10€ and it takes you about 15-20mins to get to the majority of hotels and venue FCUL ( Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon) – 5€/6€.
All hotels listed here are located at walking distance from the Conference Hall.
The best way to reach the Conference Hall is by walking or taking the subway to the "Cidade Universitária".
The hotel reservation for any of these hotels can be made together with the registration.
Hotel / Address
Distance / Web Page
Radisson Blu Campo Grande (4 stars)
Ave. Marechal Craveiro Lopes, 390
VIP Executive Zurique Hotel (3 stars)
R. Ivone Silva 18
VIP Inn Berna Hotel (3 stars)
Ave. António Serpa 13
The conference banquet, included in the registration, will take place on December 19, the second day of OPODIS 2017 at:Restaurante Via Graça
R. Damasceno Monteiro 9, 1170-108 Lisboa
The best way to reach the restaurant is by taxi or taking the subway to the "Intendente" station in the green line.
Google map directions from "Intendente" station to the restaurant are available here